Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Summa Aught Five Part I: Music

(Unable to make the hard hitting decisions necessary for ordered top
lists, I humbly offer these lists alphabetically).

Top 10

Architecture in Helsinki. In Case We Die
Andrew Bird. And The Mysterious Production of Eggs
Bright Eyes. I'm Wide Awake It's Morning
Calexico\Iron. and Wine In The Reins
Camera Obscura. Biggest Bluest Hi-Fi
The Decemberists. Picaresque
My Morning Jacket. Z
M. Ward. Transistor Radio
Spoon. Gimme Fiction
Sufjan Stevens. Come On Feel The Illinoise!

Honorable Mentions

Kathleen Edwards. Back to Me
The Futility Parade. The Land Before Time VII: Prehistoric Pandemonium
Rouge Wave. Descended Like Vultures
Regina Spektor. Soviet Kitsch
Belle & Sebastian. Push Barman To Open Old Wounds

Would Probably Be A List If I Owned It

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. [1] Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
Wilco. Kicking Television: Live in Chicago

Would Be On A List If The Release Dates Weren't 2004

Arcade Fire. Funeral
Kings of Convenience. Riot On An Empty Street
Joanna Newsom. The Milk-Eyed Mender

-----------------------------------

[1] Yeah, they annoy me too, but they remind me of The 39 Steps and
anyway some of the songs are fairly addictive.

1 Comments:

At 11:57 PM, Anonymous Leigh said...

Just to let you know that I've changed my blog address. Please adjust accordingly.

Cheers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home